The furnace that keeps your home warm during a New Jersey winter must have regular inspections and tune-ups much the way that a vehicle does. You wouldn’t want to start on a cross-country road trip in a vehicle that wasn’t tuned-up. Well, three solid months of winter is much like a cross-country trip for a furnace: that amount of stress and strain can end up causing problems.
Below are 5 reasons to have a professional maintain your furnace in the fall before the cold of winter arrives:
- Less chance of a major breakdown: As mentioned above, a full winter of work can put enough pressure on a furnace that its mechanical parts fail. When that happens, you may find yourself trapped in a cold house until busy technicians can reach you to repair the system. But a furnace with a tune-up has little chance of running into this serious a problem.
- Improved safety: Modern gas furnaces are built to operate with minimal hazards. But an inspection before the winter will help make a furnace operate at the safest level possible.
- Catch repairs early: During a tune-up, an HVAC technician will look for any repairs that need to be taken care of before winter. You’ll have the opportunity to address these issues in time for the cold weather.
- Energy-saving performance: Without a fall tune-up, a furnace can start to drain more energy to run and raise utility bills. Maintenance before winter will see that a furnace runs at the best energy-saving level.
- Extended equipment life: To get the most from your furnace, you want it to last for as many years as possible. Annual tune-ups will extend a furnace’s life so that you receive the best return on your investment in it.
Advanced Mechanical Services offers maintenance plans to take care of your furnace. We serve Ridgewood, NJ and communities throughout the Tri-State area.